|Voting starts Monday 2nd April to Midnight Mon 16th April – All Momentum members can vote for their representatives. Please make sure you cast your vote before then!
Sara Callaway – South East Region
- Co-wrote “Why People of Colour should Support the Corbyn/McDonnell Movement” (Oct 2015)
- As Conference Delegate, highlighted the contribution of immigrants, refugees and people of colour; opposed every form of apartheid; and called for every sector facing discrimination to have a voice.
- Oppose false allegations of anti-semitism, especially against pro-Palestinian Jewish members.
- Drafted and organised collective statement by BAME Women for Democracy Review.
- Active in anti-racist, anti-deportation, women’s movements for 35 years.
- Member of Women of Colour Global Women Strike.
- Key issues: anti-austerity; ending detention/destitution of asylum seekers; discrimination in pay; deaths in custody.
- Committed to all liberation/equalities strands, including people with disabilities, older, younger and LGBTQ.
I want Momentum to be rooted in communities; to get Corbyn elected PM; help democratise Labour from the grassroots up; for those usually ignored to be heard and to count.
For more info visit: https://bamewomenforcorbyn.wordpress.com/
LP Conference speech on contribution of immigrants, asylum seekers, and people of colour. 24 Sept 2017 https://youtu.be/lmxWWHbdk3Q
LP Conference speech on Palestine, 26 Sept 2017 https://youtu.be/xbynILhS7rY